Special Anniversary Dinner in Sinsa-dong: A Romantic Date in Seoul
An American couple planning a trip to Korea for their wedding anniversary visited Goldtuna Sinsa-dong branch.
The two of them flashed V-signs at their table filled with premium tuna, and then captured a beautiful moment by joining their hands to form a heart.
Watching them made me reflect once again on what it means to be a restaurateur.
People visit restaurants with their most cherished days in mind. A restaurant is the place entrusted with the responsibility of that day's special meal.
From Visiting Others to Welcoming Guests: A New Perspective
Before opening this tuna restaurant, I spent many years in corporate training and consulting.
Back then, I would travel to companies for lectures and set appointments to meet people. It was natural for me to move toward others for a connection.
Now, as a restaurant owner, I stand on the opposite side. When I open the doors, people with diverse stories and backgrounds walk in.
Colleagues host company dinners, parents sit with their children, couples go on dates, and long-time friends share a drink.
This time, a couple traveled all the way from the United States to Korea just for their wedding anniversary.
It wasn't just my job title that changed.
I transformed from someone who goes out to find people into someone who prepares food for those who seek me out.
Feeding Someone: An Ancient Form of Care
When I think of the person who fed me most often during my childhood, my mother immediately comes to mind.
Even our resident cat, Louis, recognizes the person who provides his meals. When it's time to eat, he follows that person everywhere.
Feeding another being is one of the oldest forms of care.
In a restaurant, this act of care becomes a profession.
The price a guest pays for a meal represents the time they spent earning that money. If it's an anniversary, it also represents the time they specifically set aside to spend together.
That is why I never take the task of serving a meal lightly.
Selecting the finest ingredients, preparing them according to strict standards, and checking the seating before a guest arrives are all done because I have been entrusted with their meal.
A Wedding Anniversary Story: Two Photos from an American Couple
The couple who visited Goldtuna Sinsa-dong this time came from the United States. I heard they planned their trip to Korea specifically for their wedding anniversary.
I didn't ask for their detailed itinerary or why they chose Goldtuna among so many options.
What remains clear is the memory of that day.
In the center of the table was the signature Goldtuna tray, displaying various premium cuts.
In the first photo, both flashed joyful V-signs.
In the second photo, they touched hands across the table to create a heart.
It is a beautiful record of an anniversary dinner shared in Sinsa-dong during their Korean journey.
Tips for Choosing a Wedding Anniversary Restaurant in Sinsa-dong
Choosing an anniversary restaurant involves more than just the food. For a meal where conversation is key, there are a few things you should check:
Are there private seats where we can talk without distraction?
Is there a structured course menu rather than just a single repetitive dish?
Is parking or valet service available?
Can we request special services (like anniversary lettering) in advance?
Goldtuna Sinsa-dong is located in the heart of Garosu-gil and offers private rooms and counter (dabzzi) seating.
Our 15-course omakase (chef's choice) includes not only tuna sashimi but also sushi, grilled dishes, tempura, a main meal, and dessert.
For birthdays or wedding anniversaries, you can inquire about our lettering service when making a reservation.
Checking these conditions along with the menu type is a great way to find the perfect anniversary or date spot in Sinsa-dong/Garosu-gil.
A Word from "Uncle Tuna"
One of the greatest joys of running a restaurant is witnessing the various special moments in people's lives from a close distance. I am honored to place the food I've created at the center of those moments.
When a guest opens our door, even if I don't know their whole story, I try to remember one thing:
The food I serve today is a precious meal for someone who has dedicated their valuable time to visit us.
I want to express my sincere gratitude to the couple who traveled from America to Korea to share their anniversary meal with us.
I hope that on your next anniversary, you will have just as many reasons to sit together and laugh.
Goldtuna Branch Information
Sinsa-dong Branch Information
Goldtuna Sinsa is a 15-course tuna specialty restaurant located in Garosu-gil, Sinsa-dong, Gangnam, Seoul.
We offer private rooms and seating designed for occasions where conversation is vital, such as Sinsa-dong dates, wedding anniversaries, birthdays, family gatherings, and business meetings.
Address: 2F, 11 Apgujeong-ro 10-gil, Gangnam-gu, Seoul
Location: Near Sinsa and Apgujeong Stations, Garosu-gil
Reservation/Inquiry: 010-5478-0484
Parking: Valet parking available
Anniversaries: Lettering service available with advance reservation
Bangi-dong Branch Information
The Bangi-dong branch (main branch) is popular for family dinners, corporate outings, gatherings with friends, and international visitors in the Jamsil/Bangi area.
While it follows the same tuna quality standards and menu structure as the Sinsa branch, Bangi-dong often features more energetic scenes like the "Somaek Auntie's Jumakase" (interactive drink/food performance).
You can choose between the two branches depending on the purpose of your meal and the size of your group.
Related Stories
☞ A Gourmet Journey to Korea by a German Restaurateur Couple: An Upscale Dinner in Sinsa-dong
Customer Reviews: Anniversary Dining at Sinsa Branch
☞ A Lunch Course Review from a Guest who chose Goldtuna Sinsa for an Anniversary Lunch in Apgujeong
댓글
댓글 쓰기